Skip to main content

Bride Mode

It's officially my wedding day!!!

It's been quite a while since my last post, so I had planned to write a more detailed blog earlier this week explaining all of the activities and events going on complete with pictures, but as it has turned out, I've been quite busy! Still, I wanted to stop to document at least a snippet of how I've been feeling this week.

I expected nerves and anxiety to overwhelm me, but it hasn't happened yet. Cory and I have been blessed with the most gracious team of servant-hearted supporters than we could have asked for. From day one, God has been sending us person after person to take care of every need that we couldn't meet ourselves. After the rehearsal today and incredible dinner that followed (provided by my incredible in-laws!), I couldn't get over how I had no idea what had been going on "behind the scenes," and everything was put together so well!

Besides a few rare moments of "HOLY CRAP THIS REALLY HAPPENING" this week, I've been able to relax and get things done thoroughly and on time. The only real hiccups, unfortunately, have had less to do with the wedding and more to do with the health of some family members. Thankfully, prayers are being answered and everyone is feeling well :)

My biggest anxiety about this day is being ready on time. There's so much to do with so little time, but I will do whatever I can to remain calm and focused on the big picture. I'm praying that I'm able to remember that this wedding is not the biggest and most important thing going on in the world today. The past few weeks, there have been some terrible events that have occurred in the lives of those around me. Even though I haven't been really close to the situations, they really hit home and have made me even more grateful for this joyous season that I've been fortunate enough to be in with the love of my life. Our lives could be turned upside down in an instant, so I will praise Jesus for every moment of bliss that we are granted and thank him for the most wonderful person that I get to spend the rest of my life with. I can't contain my excitement for that!

I wish I could carry on longer, but I must get my beauty sleep. I'll be falling asleep while watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding with my favorite little sister and Maid-of-Honor Joanna :) Good night world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Snow: Check!

It happened. It snowed. It snowed back in Aril when I was just visiting, but this was the real thing where it stuck all over the trees and cars and ground. September 23rd, first snow of the season, and I lived! Plus, it had melted by the next day. The mountains are GORGEOUS though! After that random bout of winter, fall took over. It doesn't get warmer than 50, the leaves are changing color and falling, and it's raining more often than not. I'm not gonna lie...I've really been enjoying my new stylish coats and drinking chai tea lattes on a regular basis. Cory and I took a short drive to Birchwood where we explored Beach Lake and caught these views... If only this season would last longer than a month. The freezing cold (aka the age of darkness) is on it's way, but I'm doing my best to take in my surroundings now without dwelling so much on what's to come. I still find myself stopping now and then thinking "Holy crap, I actually live he

2013 New Year resolution accomplished

It's hard to believe that I've been an Alaskan resident for a week now as I recall the events of the last 4 months: graduating from nursing school, passing the state board exam to be registered as a nurse, turning 25, landing my first nursing job, and leaving Phoenix to live in Anchorage (near Cory who has 2 1/2 years left at Elmendorf Air Force Base. It's a thrilling endeavor living outside of Arizona for the first time, although so many changes all at once are a little overwhelming, to say the least. New city, new address, new roommate, new career, new car, new relationship phase...it's a lot take in. The climate alone is drastically different than the dessert that I've grown up in, but luckily this "summer" weather (60s and 70s) has been pleasant to adjust to. I had a small taste of winters to come when I was here in April when it got as low as 5 degrees, which I know is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended), so I will soak up these 20+ hour sunlit

Happy Times

There isn't anything major to report since I last posted, but lots of little victories and happy moments have added up to lots of positivity! Work always comes with some level of stress, but I can safely say that I finally feel like a real nurse on a regular basis, and I can almost always walk away at the end of the night feeling proud of my work! I've gained more confidence facing tasks like drawing blood and inserting catheters (I never said it was glamorous), I finish my charting before the end of the shift 90% of the time (and anything left over doesn't take very long), and I even oriented a new employee! She's been a nurse for 2 years, so she actually taught me more than I taught her, but I was glad that the manager trusted me to show her the ropes. I've also been told multiple times from my coworkers that they would never guess that I'm a new nurse and they're impressed by how quickly I learn and how well I fit in. Multiple patients have told me how