Skip to main content

Weddings Galore!

Big changes for the Mills family this year! There are fewer of us who actually go by "Mills," but there are more of us nonetheless! This year we gained 2 new members. I introduced the first in my last post - Elouise Jean Goding.
(In case you missed the cuteness :) )

The second is Matthew Beauregard - the brave soul who actually joined this crazy clan by choice (haha!)

With so many girls already, I'm thrilled to welcome a new brother! He's outgoing and thoughtful and he is perfect for my sister. It is quite obvious how much he adores her. I love how in love they are :)They're wedding was a perfect reflection of them. Romance, glamor, country music, and baseball! 


 
These bridesmaids were so much fun to collaborate with! 3 of Julie's dearest friends, her new sister-in-law, and our sisters did an excellent job of tying details together and making sure Julie looked and felt her best. It was such an honor helping this day come together and standing as a witness to Julie and Matt's pledge to each other.We made a great team :)
 
This is one of my favorite pictures from that day! Sophia (Julie's friend's 5-year-old daughter) and Brynley were such sweet flower girls. Brynley followed Sophia's every move and they did their job seamlessly...till they reached the altar and Brynley exclaimed "I need more flowers!" Then Sophia graciously started transferring her pedals to Brynley's so they could both keep dropping them. They were priceless :)
 
Look at that face!
 
Did I mention how STUNNING Julie was?! She has never loved being the center of attention, but she was beaming and radiant. It was surreal to see her as a bride. I have such vivid memories of dressing up in Mom's old bridesmaids dresses (which were pretty enough to us to be wedding gowns) and tossing bouquets to each other as little girls. Exchanging ideas about dream weddings and future husbands is now a reality. How sweet it is :)
 
Obviously, I am now even more excited about my own wedding that's only 3 months away! It's officially on since Cory and I caught the bouquet and garter at the reception! 
 
Thankfully we got a lot of our wedding planning done while we were there in Phoenix. Cory got to see the venue, meet the photographer, the coordinator, the caterer, and the best part of all:
cake testing :) Actually, the best part was having Cory and my family in the same place at the same time. That hadn't happened since I graduated from nursing school over a year and a half ago! My heart was full :)
 
It feels good to be checking things off the seemingly endless list of wedding planning tasks. The feelings of stress are slowly subsiding and anticipation is growing. I'm sure the stress will return with a vengeance as the day approaches (3 months to go!), but it helps to focus on the end result of getting to be a wife!
 
Another factor that helps - sharing the excitement with my newly engaged Alaska-bestie Katie!! She gets to marry her best friend Neil next fall :)
Just when our fiancés got used to our usual conversations of patient care and nursing shenanigans, we get to annoy them even more with talks of dresses and cakes and centerpieces. This is gonna be fun :)
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Snow: Check!

It happened. It snowed. It snowed back in Aril when I was just visiting, but this was the real thing where it stuck all over the trees and cars and ground. September 23rd, first snow of the season, and I lived! Plus, it had melted by the next day. The mountains are GORGEOUS though! After that random bout of winter, fall took over. It doesn't get warmer than 50, the leaves are changing color and falling, and it's raining more often than not. I'm not gonna lie...I've really been enjoying my new stylish coats and drinking chai tea lattes on a regular basis. Cory and I took a short drive to Birchwood where we explored Beach Lake and caught these views... If only this season would last longer than a month. The freezing cold (aka the age of darkness) is on it's way, but I'm doing my best to take in my surroundings now without dwelling so much on what's to come. I still find myself stopping now and then thinking "Holy crap, I actually live he

2013 New Year resolution accomplished

It's hard to believe that I've been an Alaskan resident for a week now as I recall the events of the last 4 months: graduating from nursing school, passing the state board exam to be registered as a nurse, turning 25, landing my first nursing job, and leaving Phoenix to live in Anchorage (near Cory who has 2 1/2 years left at Elmendorf Air Force Base. It's a thrilling endeavor living outside of Arizona for the first time, although so many changes all at once are a little overwhelming, to say the least. New city, new address, new roommate, new career, new car, new relationship phase...it's a lot take in. The climate alone is drastically different than the dessert that I've grown up in, but luckily this "summer" weather (60s and 70s) has been pleasant to adjust to. I had a small taste of winters to come when I was here in April when it got as low as 5 degrees, which I know is just the tip of the iceberg (pun intended), so I will soak up these 20+ hour sunlit

Happy Times

There isn't anything major to report since I last posted, but lots of little victories and happy moments have added up to lots of positivity! Work always comes with some level of stress, but I can safely say that I finally feel like a real nurse on a regular basis, and I can almost always walk away at the end of the night feeling proud of my work! I've gained more confidence facing tasks like drawing blood and inserting catheters (I never said it was glamorous), I finish my charting before the end of the shift 90% of the time (and anything left over doesn't take very long), and I even oriented a new employee! She's been a nurse for 2 years, so she actually taught me more than I taught her, but I was glad that the manager trusted me to show her the ropes. I've also been told multiple times from my coworkers that they would never guess that I'm a new nurse and they're impressed by how quickly I learn and how well I fit in. Multiple patients have told me how